Today marks the third anniversary of when I started training with ABADA Capoeira. I’ve discussed before how important to me capoeira and the people of ABADA are. With each year, this only grows more.
That said, I need to commit myself more to training this year. I don’t push myself hard enough and it shows.
So, I need to set some goals for myself. Here goes:
- Improve bermibau playing by practicing at home (now possible as I finally bought my own!).
- Learn to sing at least one new song a month.
- Accomplish a floreira, maybe a macaco, but to do that move I will need to keep working on rehabbing my knee. That includes continuing my regular acupuncture appointments and strengthening the muscles around my knees with cycling.
- Improve the most basic of moves, the ginga, because I am still swinging my knee too much. It would also minimize the stress on my knee.
- Participate more in the roda. Playing more is good overall, but will also help minimize the anxiety I have about playing in general.